Thursday, December 26, 2013

For Your Bridesmaids

It's Engagement Season!
Many congrats to the brides-to-be!!

I, myself, became engaged over the holidays as well :) just last year as a matter of fact. Since It's still fresh in my mind - I thought I could share a bit of advice. From this moment on, there will be a lot going on; more than you can keep up, at times. Try and remember to take it a day at a time and savor the process as much as you can (it will all be over before you know it!) It's impossible to do everything at once and much less please everyone. Pick your battles, take a deep breath, don't over think it and remember there is life after the wedding (that is much more important than just one day).

So now that we have that out of the way, let me share with you one of my favorite yet not-so-favorite parts of the planning: Favorite because I loved the way it looked when it was put together (and my bridesmaids LOVED it too.) Not-so-favorite because I'm not the most decisive person and I found my self going back and forth on what to get (a lot).

My bridesmaid gift is pictured below. Here is what lay inside the magic box:

  • A bouquet of silk flowers made by Pave Weddings. I had a destination wedding on a very remote island. The flowers I wanted (peonies) wouldn't of survived the summer heat- so I went with silk flowers for myself and our entire wedding party. One of the best decisions I made! They also makes an excellent keepsake.
  • Initial-embroidered robes from Wedding Prep Gals (and one for me ;) Great product, but their turn around time is a bit lengthy- try to order a couple months in advance, if you can. 
  • A bottle of Verdi Raspberry Sparkletini from World Market, with personalized wine Labels from iCustomWine on Etsy. <- My only disclaimer here is that I didn't realize the bottles were oddly shaped so I had to trim the labels down a bit. It ended up working out perfectly though, so- no sweat there. 
  • 5 Hour Energy
  • A personalized luggage tag from Zazzle (another BIG hit item :)
  • A statement necklace from SandTattoo on Etsy. I wasn't blown away by the quality, but it was fair for the price. 
  • Tiny heart shaped earrings 
  • A chevron knuckle ring and 
  • Essie nail polish 
  • My junior bridesmaids, ages 10 and 13 received personalized bracelets from LittleDistractions on Etsy, and earrings (neither is pictured here).
The perfect box and packaging was made possible by The Container Store. They have a box for every need! I had 8 bridesmaids and I estimate that each box was valued at about $75. Please note that I didn't pay full price for a few of the aforementioned items; I have friends in the biz and as a result did not pay retail prices for some accessories. Also, I was able able to get discounts on bulk purchases with such a large wedding party, so don't be afraid to ask. Lastly, my maid of honor received a $100 gift card to a day spa for being so amazing.  

I hope this helps in giving you bridesmaid-gift ideas :) Congrats again on the joyous news!! Sending blessing for a happily ever after <3

-Dais



My personalized robe from Wedding Prep Gals
Junior Bridesmaids / Bridesmaid + Flower Girl / Bride
The coupled look <3
MOH + Bridesmaids
^ This is what having the greatest friends & family looks like ^

2 comments:

  1. There are really great gift ideas for women. I am supposed to find something for my mother for mother's day but I might have to get something for myself too. Thanks so much for sharing.


    gift for men

    ReplyDelete