Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Holiday Guac

I share with you a modern twist to traditional guacamole; always a hit at my parties. Also, I call it a "holiday guac"because the majority of the commercial pomegranate harvest is in season from October through January.

Yield 10
4 Medium - large avocados
1 Large juicy mango
1 Large Pomegranate
2 Limes
1 tsp of salt (to taste)

I start by preparing all of the ingredients and setting aside. The avocados I mash by hand (using my cooking gloves), then I toss in the mango and give it a good stir. Depending on the size of your pomegranate and the seeds within, one half may be enough. You be the judge :) They add the burst of flavor in this recipe so feel free and be generous. Fold them into your guac, squeeze your limes and sprinkle your salt. Again, give it a good stir and adjust as needed.

Also, we like to eat these with El Milagro Totopos (tortilla chips), but I'm sure any type of tortilla chips will do.

Enjoy! Happy Holidays!
-Dais


No comments:

Post a Comment