Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Love Thy Self

One of the things that continues to reinforce my decision to pursue a new career is the fact that Health is so much more than the food we eat. In school, we learn about Primary Foods that come before the actual food on our plate. Those are; Relationships, Career, Spirituality and Physical Activity.

As an Integrative Health Coach, I work to bring awareness, empowerment and guidance by helping you achieve your goals- in all 4 areas. There is no right or wrong way to get started in addressing your health, but I prefer to start with Relationships. 

Relationships are instrumental to everyday life, no matter how much of an introvert you feel you are. When you take everyone else out of the equation, you are still left with a relationship with Yourself. Loving, honoring and respecting yourself needs to be at the top of your priority list, every. single. day.

Louise Hay says "When people start to love themselves more each day, it’s amazing how their lives get better. They feel better. They get the jobs they want. They have the money they need. Their relationships either improve, or the negative ones dissolve and new ones begin."

In my personal life, I know that when my relationship with my Self is off, everything is off. My morning routine, diet, work, relationship with others, etc. It's an awful downward spiral that, if I'm not present to, can send me into a day-in, day-out fog-like state. A place where I'm simply existing and not living.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, I'd like to point out that there is nothing wrong here; the first step is acknowledgement and the second is to increase that awareness. When moments like this take over, I recommend taking purposeful, quiet time to sit with that uncertainty and face it head-on. Because I'm a huge fan/advocate of essential oils and their healing properties- here's a bonus tip: place a few drops of Bergamot essential oil in a diffuser or on your hands and inhale deeply before you begin.

Once you've settled in, ask yourself: Where am I feeling out of line? In which areas of my life do I feel "stuck" in? Where am I cause in the matter? What can I do to move forward? Who do I need to talk to or clear things up with? Where am I at a loss of power? There are a number of questions that- when answered honestly- can bring a lot of clarity and a plan of action.

If this is all overwhelming and you don't know where to start, that's okay too. I am offering free health assessments this month. If you'd like more information, comment below.

On the other hand, if you're feeling completely aligned and at peace with who you are, ask yourself - what can I do to experience more of this? and, How can I help others experience the joy I feel? I can tell you with certainty that becoming a health coach has allowed me to be that person for others and I am extremely grateful. If you'd like to know more about my school, comment below for a sample class.

In health and love,
Daisy


Proverbs 19:8 To acquire wisdom is to love oneself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.




1 comment: