Thursday, June 1, 2017

Are You Here or There?

"How are you?"
"Good, busy"

Does this sound like you? It sounds like a lot of people. It sounded like me for a looong time. Are we really "busy"? Or does it make us feel important to say it?

What if instead, we said: I'm good, present. Enjoying my work/family/this stage in my life.

Well, that sounds awkward, doesn't it? Who would ever say that?! lol

After I launched my company last summer, I stopped to reevaluate if what I was quoting was matching up with what I was coaching... and you know what - it wasn't!

I can safely say I'm a lot better at the auto "busy" answer than I used to be. But, how do you get from here to there? You're going to have to WANT to get from here to there!


Sana Mente means Healthy Mind in Spanish. A healthy mind is HERE. Not there. Not yesterday, tomorrow or 3 years from now. It's here; breathing, present, grateful for the moment.

Take a moment as you read this to be here, with me :)

My mission is to empower women through miscarriage, pregnancy, and motherhood so they can show up on the other side standing tall, happy and present, ready to pass on what they've received to other women who are new to the journey. But we absolutely cannot do that without mindful practice.

On the last week of June, I'll be hosting a 5-day Mindful Mama group where we'll exercise the "being present" muscle with just 5 minutes a day. All are welcome! Click here to join.

In health and love,

Daisy


1 comment:

  1. Daisy! Thank you for this post! It sounds simple but day in and day out I know many of us respond the very same way when people ask us how we are doing. I know I have found myself in the same situation too many times and not proud of it at all. Just today however, when I was asked how I was, I stopped to appreciate the question and respond with sincerity and gratitude. What a world of difference it makes. It's all about perspective! Thank you for the reminder; I hope it helped just as many as it did me.

    ReplyDelete