Sunday, March 5, 2017

So... What's a Health Coach?

Have you ever wondered "there's gotta be more to life than this...."?

I had a lot of those conversations with myself shortly after the birth of my son, 2 years ago. I was getting ready to go back to work, post-maternity leave and I was having the worst separation anxiety from my 11 week old.

Being in an industry for almost a decade and suddenly finding myself no longer fulfilled was a tough pill to swallow. I wonder if I was already unfulfilled and didn't know it? It's very possible I was settling into a career comfort-zone. Whatever the case, my son saved me.

I recently heard my pastor say that when one isn't living up to their life's purpose, discontent sets in, stress and depression sets in, and you constantly live with an unsettled spirit. Why? Because you were made for MORE!

I went through a lot of uncertainty and anxiety to realize I was no longer meant to continue the path I was on. During that time, (and not knowing which direction to really go in) I tried my luck at a scholarship with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and won! Now, 2 years later as a Certified Integrative Health Coach, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt THIS is where I'm supposed to be.

So.... what does this mean exactly?

As an Integrative Health Coach, I've chosen to work with women. Women who are mothers, expecting mothers and women who've lost due to miscarriage. I support these women by allowing them to become present and intentional in their daily lives. Unfortunately, for too many of us, life is one giant mundane routine and it's zooming by! Through coaching and accountability, I'm able to co-create balance in different areas of your life as YOU define balance.

What makes an Integrative Health Coach unique is that we address Primary foods - which are Career, Spirituality, Relationships and Physical Activity BEFORE we talk about Secondary foods - which is the actual food on your plate.

Here's what a Health Coach is NOT:

  • a Life Coach
  • a Doctor
  • a Nutritionist/Dietitian
  • a Therapist/Counselor 

I certainly don't claim to be a perfect Mother who has it all figured out. I don't have parenting advice or a magic wand to make problems disappear. What I can do, however, is help you use what you already have to achieve sustainable results you're looking for.

Time and time again, the universe shows us where our passion lies and where our service to others is needed for the current season of our life. Sometimes, we just need someone to help us hear our own voice.

I'm happy to meet with you, wherever you are! All initial consultations are complimentary.

In health and love,
Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment