Thursday, February 2, 2017

̶S̶e̶l̶f̶i̶s̶h̶ SelfLOVE

Why is it considered “selfish” to have a little Me Time? I find it especially hard for Moms to pencil in time to do things that once (before the kids) made them feel whole and complete. The funny thing is, a lot of the simple pleasures of the past, such as reading, taking a bike ride, getting our hair done- aren’t impossible to re-engage. They just need a little prioritization.

If you’re nodding your head wondering where the time to quietly do your nails went, I challenge you to break free of that awful word selfish and turn it into an empowering word: Self LOVE.

Whether you have children or not; Self LOVE is e s s e n t i a l to our health and should not be compromised.

If you routinely implement self-loving habits, I promise that with time, you and your family will enjoy you so much more. Nobody wants to be around an overly-stressed or resentful person. If you’re constantly putting yourself at the bottom of the list (if at all), you’re almost certain to end up that way.

My Let’s Play! Mom Group is tearing down the self-imposed barriers (also known as "mom-guilt") and I want to invite YOU to do the same! Pick one thing that used to bring you a sense of joy and pencil it in your calendar this week. If you're up for a bigger challenge do TWO things this week!

I’m actually challenging my group to permanently get in the habit of doing one thing a week that centers them. I admit, it seems impossible at first - but when it's actually said and done, it feels ah-mazing!

If you’re in the Elgin area – I invite you to join our Let's Play Mom Group every other Saturday at the Gail Borden Library for a healthy discussion on how to be more intentional as a parent.

If you’d like to explore what SelfLOVE means to you but don’t know where to get started, contact me for a free (virtual) consultation.

In health & love,

Dais





No comments:

Post a Comment