Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Take Your Own Advice

Have you ever been confronted with a decision and were too afraid to look within, so you asked for advice and still felt the same unsettled feeling after? Happens to the best of us.

As a Mom, it's safe to say we want what's best for our littles- so seeking another's opinion (or 4 other opinions) seems logical, right? The truth is, no one knows how to parent like you and Google can't point you in the direction of your hearts knowing.

Sometimes we ask for advice to deflect responsibility for the outcome (been there too). I'd like to encourage you to own your wisdom and give yourself permission to be wrong. It's OK to gather outside opinions, so long as you mindfully collect the data and flesh out what's best for you.

I had an episode of this nonsense recently when looking for the right PreK to enroll my son. I got more opinions that I knew what to do with and had him enrolled in 4 different schools. It wasn't until I got centered on my values and paid attention to what really matters most to me in a school that I was able to narrow it down to one.

A great way to do this is with effortless heart-based meditation. Ever tried? Check out this free upcoming event: tinyurl.com/evolutionayurveda1
In health & love,
Daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment