Sunday, September 10, 2017

Meal Planning Tips Wanted: Anxiety Seeping In

Repost from Greater NW Chicago Fit4Mom Blog:
Talking to a good friend recently I heard my Self say " I don't know what I got myself into; I really don't want to do this [Body Back]...." and then moments, later - "...but I know if I don't do this now, without THIS type of accountability - I probably never will..." It's true. The day is getting near and I'm becoming increasingly anxious about the work that lies ahead.
Then she said something that spoke to my core: what will happen if you say "I'm not ready for this" and cancel your commitment?
I stopped her before she completed her sentence: "Absolutely not! Taking it all back is not an option. I HAVE to do this!"
The 8-week Body Back Program is drawing near and I'm forced to look at my goals and meal plan for next week. I'm not going to lie -- It's pretty overwhelming. Looking at the food adjustments gives me a bit of anxiety thinking "what the heck am I supposed to eat and when am I going to find time to plan, shop, cook, run my business etc...?"
I've never been a meal planner. Probably the reason I'm in this mess. For whatever reason I find it to take up so much mental energy and I realized today that even if I do plan for a day or two- my eating habits tend to be out of feeling, as in - What do I "feel" like eating right now. Writing and admitting this to you is a huge awakening. What type of example is this setting for my soon-to-be 3 year old?
If I'm being honest with myself, I really DO want to meal plan! I want to have a cute chalkboard in my kitchen with our family's menu for the week, and as an Integrative Health Coach- invite other moms to make meal planning easy and enjoyable, not a dreadful task. Doesn't that sound like fun?
So, I'd like to ask -- how do you do it? How do you make meal planning a fun and engaging time for your Self and/or your loved ones? Would love to hear your tips. And I could use all the help I can get.
In Health and Love,
Daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment