Monday, October 17, 2016

3 Ways A Doula Can Help During Birth

One thing I truly regret not having during the birth of my son is a doula. Here are three reasons why I will not let that happen again :) Studies show that when doulas are present at birth, women have shorter labors, fewer medical interventions, fewer cesareans and healthier babies.

Recent evidence also suggests that when a doula provides labor support, women are more satisfied with their experience and the mother-infant interaction is enhanced as long as two months after the birth. With doula support, fathers tend to stay more involved with their partner rather than pull away in times of stress

A doula:
  1. Brings calm & is fully present with you
  2. Your encourager, especially when you feel like giving up
  3. Provides evidence based research you can trust 
I'm honored to have partnered with Chicago Family Doulas in our 2016 series "Essential Oils and Pregnancy" class with Doula Christine. This is a fantastic opportunity to ask questions and learn more about having a peaceful and most natural birth. 
Here are some testimonials for Christine; 

"Christine assisted the birth of my second child. She was a wonderful--her calming, grounding presence reassured me that the experience I hoped for was possible, and she went out of her way to answer our family's questions in our initial visits and offer individualized suggestions and advice. When the time came, she helped me through a bad muscle cramp and worked with me through a long early labor. I believe the final stages were quick and (compared to my first) easy thanks to her compassionate care early on! I highly recommend her practice."


"I wanted to give a huge thanks for everything you did during my labor. Your guidance and comfort made the long difficult hours tolerable. Davide, I and baby Nora will always be grateful for your care!!!"

In health and love,
Daisy De La Cruz


No comments:

Post a Comment